Skip to main content

Looking At

Godzilla: Planet Of The Monsters

                         Pictured(Haro(middle)(Yuko(left)(Mulu-elu Galu-gu(right)(Metphines(Top right)

               
Godzilla: Planet of the monsters is a Japanese animated Godzilla movie it was release in Japanese theaters on November 17, 2017, but it was release on Netflix on January 17, 2018, it is the first entry in a plan trilogy. I watched this movie not only because I like Godzilla but also because, I also like Kaiju movies which is Japanese for “Strange beast”. If you’re wondering why do I like these type of movies? Well it’s probably has something to do with the fact that I was a big fan of the power rangers when I was a kid and the show always had a big monster show up before the end and I loved it, I love this genre so much that I’m going to watch that rampage movie that coming out in April it looks really bad but I’m going to be there when it comes out. The way I going to review this movie is in two parts the first part will be spoiler free the second part will have spoilers and will go in to more detail. So lets’ get to my thoughts on this movie. This part of the post will be spoiler free I’ll add a button, where I’ll go over some of the movie plot points in detail. So this movie was just ok, the movie has some problem for instance in the first few minutes of the film they just dump a huge amount of info about what happen when Godzilla rose from the depth and destroyed everything and why humans had to flee earth. The characterization of some of the characters is very weak for instance our main protagonist Haruo Sakaki runs on nothing but anger so much so that it blinds him, Yuko Tani our female supporting protagonist and Haruo childhood friend she is shy and wants to get stronger I guess that really all they tell us about her character. Then there Metphines who very smart and cunning he and Mulu-elu Galu-gu sort of share a secret you don’t really learn much about him except that he is unsympathetic and nothing else. The animation isn’t that bad it’s CGI and sometimes it works and other times it doesn’t one instance where it works is when Godzilla uses his atomic breath it looks great. So if the story and characters are weak why should you watch these? Well because the fight scene against Godzilla is glorious and very well paced. One reason why this movie isn’t that good is because it part 1of a trilogy so it has to set up a lot, All in all I give the movie a C. Now on to some spoilers




Comments

  1. Godzilla is sick! I'm more of a fan of live action , I'm so excited cause at the end kong skull island there was a secret ending where they hinted a Godzilla VS. King Kong movie. its going to be great ! i also agree with you about the rampage movie it looks dumb but i will still watch it because its based on the video game. when i was watching the trailer i was like "why does this look so familiar?" then it hit me ohhhhh its that one game from a long time ago !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can’t wait to see King Kong vs Godzilla Have you seen the 1962 King Kong vs Godzilla? You can watch the fight scene on YouTube its glorious watching two men in rubber suits fight one another.

      Delete
  2. I would say this anime movie was alright. As a kid growing up watching Power Rangers as well, I still enjoy watching giant monster fight scenes. As for the plot, it is super slow to build up to the anticipated showdown with Godzilla. I felt the battle at the end was worth sitting through the character development and backstories. I did enjoy the animation itself. The theme of colors they use throughout the animation gave an atmosphere of something ominous. I can't say I'm a fan of mostly CGI/cell based animation, but as you pointed out, the atomic breathe looked pretty devastating and amazing. I can't wait until the battle with Godzilla and you know...the other kind of Godzilla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see the new live action Power Ranger movie? I'm borderline curious. I liked Power Ranger as a kid growing up. I even saw their first movie, then other kids start calling me "Ivan Ooze" which got old real quick. I haven't had time to watch the Godzilla anime, but I have seen on Netflix and liked "Attack On Titan", "Death Note" and "Tokyo Ghoul."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I saw the live action Power Ranger movie I thought it was OK for the most part there were some really dumb things that opening sequence with Jason was dumb the movie didn’t infuriate me like the live action Death Note movie I’m hoping there is a sequel to the movie just because I'am curious to see there interpretation of Tommy Oliver the green power ranger.

      Delete
  4. A Rampage movie? Are they making a movie about that old arcade game from the 80s?

    I always liked Ralph, the wolf monster.

    I haven't watched anime in a very very long time. Seeing the images with that anime art style makes me want to start watching again.

    Which Power Rangers series did you watch? A version of the show has been on television since the 90s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are and it looks bad and, the last power ranger series I watched was Power Rangers Dino Thunder just because, they brought back Tommy Oliver as the black Dino ranger and the white Dino ranger was pretty cool.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flickr Picture Ratings

Hello and welcome to Picture Ratings, where I give an anime a rating using pictures now click here for the slideshow now most of you well be wondering why is my nail so long in the pictures well, I can’t find the nail clippers, I might have to take a cue from attack on titan and start chewing on human body parts BWA BWA BWA BWAAAAAAA look at that were back on topic attack on titan get a thumbs up from me it’s really good for those wondering what it is about it about humans fighting against giants who have really goofy faces warning this anime is really violent. On to the next pictures this is one we already talked about before it Kino Journey I gave it a thumbs up for more information read the post I wrote about it. The third picture is heatguyJ I gave it an ok it’s not that great but it’s not boring and the android is really cool the basic plot is that we follow Daisuke a special services bureau employee as he fights crime with jet his android partner the action is very good. The l

Welcome and Hello

The first anime I ever saw was dragon ball z at that point of time I thought it was just a cartoon like the Simpsons, It was not until high school that I found out that shows like dragon ball z, Pokémon, Yu-GI-OH, and Digimon were not just cartoons they were Japanese cartoon also known as anime and I was also introduced in to Japanese comics. So what exactly is the point of this blog? Well it is to look at all the anime and manga that I am currently or will Watch/Read and I will even revisiting shows I haven’t watched in years and giving my thoughts and experiences as well as sharing any news I find in the anime and manga community.